March 6 of each year is World Glaucoma Day to raise awareness of the dangers of glaucoma eyes. Which is considered one of the eye problems That can lead to serious consequences, including blindness And what many people may not know is Glaucoma has no warning symptoms. And the exact cause is not known One of the risk factors that should not be ignored is: An abnormally high intraocular pressure that may indicate glaucoma as well. Being aware of glaucoma is important. In order to be able to cope promptly
High intraocular pressure May be at risk of premature glaucoma
Dr. Ketsarin Kiatseevi said .. Glaucoma is a degenerative optic nerve disease that causes vision loss, divided into 1. Primary Open-Angle Glaucoma type. Angle-closure (Primary Angle - Closure Glaucoma) 2. Secondary Glaucoma (Secondary Glaucoma) and 3. Congenital Glaucoma.
Which has risk factors including
1. At the age of 40 years, glaucoma does not occur only with the elderly. But it can be born in the age of 40+. Older people are at greater risk than younger people.
2. Eye pressure greater than 21 mm Hg.
3. Have a family history of glaucoma Especially brothers
4. Extremely myopia or hyperopia People with myopia 100 - 300 have a 2- to 3 times greater risk of glaucoma than normal people.
5. Using steroid drugs or certain osteoarthritis drugs for a long time
6. Personal disease, including diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure.
Most patients with acute glaucoma are usually unilateral. There may be one or more of a combination of symptoms. The symptoms that indicate high eye pressure and the risk of glaucoma include eye pain, redness, blurred vision, watery eyes, seeing a rainbow around the lights, etc.
Thanks for information from >> สมัครjoker